Library Camp 2014

Saturday, February 15, 2014

I'm retrieving the zombie librarian for this post because after attending the VALA conference and this year's Library Camp (#libcamp14), I felt a little zombified.

VALA provided the spacious conference experience of attending large lectures and wandering around looking at product displays - while Library Camp (an un-conference) felt very intimate. 

Clearly a lot of pre-work and thought had gone into enabling Library Camp to unfold so organically on the day itself. My interest was mainly focused on meeting/re-connecting with others (rather than the content of the day), and the un-conference atmosphere exceeded my expectations in this respect. I encountered some new crafty librarians, while we appreciated everyone's home-baked treats during the breaks. Thank you to the un-organisers for an opportunity to reconnect with friends, and a great day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

-