Henami stole

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Before the next semester of uni steals away my blogging time again, here's one of the large projects I've been working on:

Henami stole by Melanie Gibbons (pattern website | ravelry)


From the pattern description:
The Henami stole is asymmetrical. One side has a beaded cast on and a basketweave lace pattern inspired by a traditional Sashiko, or Japanese quilting design. The second half of the stole is dedicated to cherry blossoms blowing in the wind. 

I'd recommend this pattern to anyone who enjoys following lace charts. Instead of the monotonous progression of many scarves, every row of this one is enjoyable in seeing what comes next.

The yarn is Schoppel-Wolle Lace Ball (ravelry) which I found at Wonderflex, Malvern. Long gentle colour repeats make this wonderful to work with. I would definitely be interested in trying some of the other colour combinations.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

-