Pink Squares & Pattern

Sunday, October 11, 2009

This is what I am currently up to :)
Doesn't look very pretty yet but the squares are portable and I just don't have time to sort out different projects to pack in my bag each day.



Hoping that before I get bored I will make enough of them to sew together and make something pretty



This is my made-up square pattern in case anyone is interested.

Abreviations
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
hdc = half-double-crochet
sk = skip over one stitch in the base row before inserting hook

Pattern
1) Magic circle 12

2) Chain 1 to raise row height,
sc1, hdc-inc, x 4
slip1 to connect to row beginning = 16

3) Chain 2 to raise row height,
hdc2, ch3, x4
hdc1
slip1 to connect to row beginning = 28

4) Chain 2 to raise row height,
hdc4, ch3 returning to same st,
hdc8, ch3 returning to same st,
hdc8, ch3 returning to same st,
hdc8, ch3 returning to same st, hdc3
slip1 to connect to row beginning = 44

5) Chain 2 to raise row height,
hdc1, ch1, sk1 & hdc1, ch1, sk1 & hdc2, ch3 returning to same st,
hdc2, ch1, sk1 & hdc1, ch1, sk1 & hdc2, ch1, sk1 & hdc1, ch1, sk1 & hdc2, ch3 returning to same st,
hdc2, ch1, sk1 & hdc1, ch1, sk1 & hdc2, ch1, sk1 & hdc1, ch1, sk1 & hdc2, ch3 returning to same st,
hdc2, ch1, sk1 & hdc1, ch1, sk1 & hdc2, ch1, sk1 & hdc1, ch1, sk1 & hdc2, ch3 returning to same st, hdc to end of row,
slip1 to connect to row beginning = 60

6) Chain 2 to raise row height,
hdc9, (ch1, hdc1, ch1) into one st,
hdc16, (ch1, hdc1, ch1) into one st,
hdc16, (ch1, hdc1, ch1) into one st,
hdc16, (ch1, hdc1, ch1) into one st, hdc to the end of the row
slip1 to connect to row beginning

7) Chain 1 to raise the row height,
sc10, sc3 into one stitch,
sc18, sc3 into one stitch,
sc18, sc3 into one stitch,
sc18, sc3 into one stitch, sc to the end of the row
slip1 to connect to row beginning

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. It's things like this that make me wish I could grasp crochet. I've tried...I just don't do well (all my stitches are too tight, regardless of how HUGE my hook is). Perhaps, someday, I'll figure it out...

    But, it looks grand :) And it reminds me that I should find a small project to take with me to school (in my backpack)...probably my socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Renee Anne - I keep trying to crochet & I keep getting it wrong. Which is a pity because I love amigumi and it's a far more portable craft than sewing!

    Your stuff is cool Nys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks :)
    This is a project I am a bit unsure of so it's really nice to know you both like the look of it.

    It's definitely a great project to carry around in a backpack or sidebag, compared to sewing or the more complex amigurumi with lots of coloured balls of wool.

    I actually crochet with a different technique to most people, and mine turns out really loose - maybe I should post up a video of my crazy style for people who crochet too tightly :)

    Thanks for your thoughts - I love to hear them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to learn how to crochet - the online tutorials i've found don't really help me.

    I always wanted a crocheted granny blanket - but my mum didn't know how.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have a look at my saved links and see if I have found any good instructions for you :)
    They're really easy compared to most crochet cos you just go round and round in circles :D

    ReplyDelete

-