Library craft meetup

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Again I have proof that I have stumbled across the perfect job for me :)

The newest development is that a bunch of the library people have decided to get together every once in a while for a crafting session.

This makes me very happy, because I am a bit of a strange one with my crafts (crocheting and knitting at every available opportunity - including while walking down the street on my lunch breaks, during lectures or seminars, during coffee breaks, on trains etc.) - and I have worried that people might perceive these tendencies as anti-social - thinking perhaps that I am bored with company and need distraction.

So it it lovely to have these worries put to rest by having lots of people around me who like to do the same - and affirming that craft can be a very social activity. I had the flu during the first meeting, but I'm determined to make it to the next one.

We even have a blog! Feel free to take a look!
_

Oh, and just for fun, an in-progress image of my amigurumi TARDIS - I will be adding the simple pattern here soonish for those who would like to make their own

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. So cute! I can't crochet (and my knitting is atrocious too) but I love amigurumi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm pretty bad at sewing :p so maybe you get one or the other :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't crochet but I've just bought a bamboo crochet hook :-)

    ReplyDelete

-